Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finished my steel project! It's about a foot and a half wide or more and two feet tall, can't be sure because I'm just guesstimating. I got some good feedback on it, and I think it turned out fairly well. What do y'all think, did I manage to convey the concept of "soft" using sheets of steel and rod?





Here's the original concept sketch. 


As you can see it's changed slightly, although it does keep the original idea of using multiple curved objects to create a texture. This idea I pushed even further by using curved triangles and rounding them out. I also kept the idea of having the curves move upward on one end, though I did change the direction the curves faced.



We're going to start dipping our wax models on monday and I've scheduled a shoot for my video project this weekend. More updates to follow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment