Monday, February 13, 2012

I promised photos of my current art project and since I was on a roll of being on top of things, I borrowed a camera to take a few pictures. 

These are of the miniature model I made of the concept "soft," and the original drawing looked completely different. I quite like the model, especially how the paper I used for the triangles stands out against the wire. Although the final result will be different as I will be using sheet metal and not paper. 

Here is the full scale base of the piece, with paper triangles as stand-ins so I can visualize where I will put the sheet metal ones. You can see the model in the background to get an idea of the size change. At this point in time I have all five of the large and small triangles cut out, their edges filed, and have bowed them out so that they kind of look like a scoop. I am toying with the idea of bashing the edges of the triangles to give it a more rippled and organic feel, but I'm not sure how I'll like it as a whole as of yet. 

The next step after getting the triangles mostly ready and the wire bent (by hand might I add, and god that was annoying. Cept the end bits, I cheated on those) is to add the slots for the triangles to fit in.

The handy dandy tool that will accomplish this.

Clamped tight, and all the way through. It's a long process but got there in the end. Final project is due next monday, let's see if I can finish it in time and still manage to update.

Also I began sculpting with wax today for the first time, and loved it. I'll save those photos for another time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment