Friday, March 9, 2012

Wax figures


 Wax figures!



Above are two photo's of the first figure I made.

         I really liked how these two figures turned out, even though originally I hadn't even planned on making two figures. The second one, the one kneeling as the seat, was inspired by a man playing "seat for hire" that I'd seen at the renaissance festival once before, and as I needed something for the sitting figure to use as a seat, I thought it would be amusing if he sat and had a conversation with his chair.  One thing I do love about this piece is how the form flows downward in a triangle if you look at it from the right angle. 


      Haven't updated in awhile, but today we got to pour the molten bronze into our silica cases we'd made of our wax figures. I didn't have a camera to take pictures of the process, but next time we beging this process (it takes several days), I'll do my best to get step by step photos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment